Thursday, June 4, 2015

Lemon, Rosemary and Vanilla For Natural Room Scents

I found this wonderful recipe for a wonderfully natural room scent.   This wonderful idea comes from Kari Anne - Thistlewood Farms  I am sure you will love it as much as I do.  Throw all those nasty chemical based air fresheners away and focus on what Mother Nature has to offer us.  And now presented with love...





To create my personalized scent, I started with two fresh lemons and then added 2 stalks of rosemary and a teaspoon of vanilla in 2 quarts of water in a pan on the stove.  I brought the ingredients to a boil and then turned the heat down to let them simmer.
As the water evaporated, I added more water to keep the fruit and herbs covered at all time.
And as the mixture simmered, the house was full of the smell of spring.
The subtle smell of freshly squeezed lemons combined with the heady scent of vanilla and an occasional whiff of rosemary.
It was light and refreshing and full of the joy of the everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment