Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Getting and staying healthy - more to it than just eating right.

So you are in the process of getting healthy by choosing the Raw Vegan or Vegan way of life.  It is also important to make sure you get the proper exercise, either by running, walking, cross-fit, Pilates, yoga, weightlifting, bicycling, or one of the other many choices.  For me right now I am walk/running, and hope to actually run a 5K rather than just walking, and occasionally running during the race.
One of the best motivators for me during a walk/run, is having apps that let me know how well I am doing, mileage wise, and in turn, calorie burning.  One of the apps I use is Runkeeper  This app allows me to set the type of workout I am going to follow, and it will keep track of mileage, and calories burned.  You can set your goals, and watch yourself improve.  I use the basic version as I need to upgrade my phone, but given the opportunity, I will upgrade.

Another app/equipment is the Fitbit - 

Fitbit Zip

This is the absolutely best little gadget I have ever used - this can be set up to work with many other apps such as Weightwatchers, and the Runkeeper app as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment