This recipe is a version of the Crispy Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Oh She Glows Cookbook pg. 265
|My Peanut Butter Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies|
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 peanut butter
- 3/4 raw sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats ground into flour
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life Semi Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the flaxseed with tablespoons of water and set aside for approximately five minutes.
- Mix together the coconut oil and peanut butter until blended. I used a wisk for this step. Add sugar and beat for one minute more. Add the flaxseed mixture and the vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- One by one, beat in the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and oat flour. The dough should be slightly sticky. Add a bit of almond milk if too dry.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into one inch balls. I used a cookie scoop. Place the cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet leaving two to three inches between them as they spread out.
Makes 16 - 20 cookies
Bake time: 12 to 14 minutes
Gluten-free, soy free, refined sugar free