Tuesday, January 12, 2016

In a hurry breakfast to go...

Mornings are tough.  So much to do, so little time.  You want to eat correctly and avoid those temptations at work - yeah, they may look good, but do you really want to ingest all that sugar and bad calories?
My alternatives?  If not an overnight oatmeal, then I choose a protein pack smoothie.
Here is one of my favorites:



·         1-2 Frozen Bananas (freeze for at least 30 minutes, or overnight preferred
·         Handful of Kale or Spinach
·         2 tablespoons of Vanilla Protein Powder – I use Jarrow Brown Rice Protein Powder, but you can use whey based.
·         1 cup of Plant based Milk, I alternate between Almond, Cashew, or Coconut Milk
·         1 tablespoon Turmeric – oh the benefits of Turmeric
·         Ice – I use about 8 or 9 cubes


Easy peasy - add all to your blender, blend and add the ice last, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment