Day 5 of Yummy Recipes
Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Bars with Hemp and Chia Seeds
Author: Ashley Melillo
- 1 ½ cups medjool dates, pitted and packed
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup raisins
- Add the dates, oats, walnuts, hemp seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a food processor. Pulse several times and then process until a crumbly, sticky mixture is formed.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixture bowl, add in the raisins and pepitas, and fold to incorporate.
- Line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment paper. Transfer the mixture to the pan, and use your hands to press down into the pan. You’ll only need about two-thirds of the pan, so push the mixture up against one side of the pan and work out from there, forming a ½-inch-thick bar. Note: if the mixture is sticking to your hands, wet them slightly to repel the stickiness of the dates.
- Transfer the pan to the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- Once set, remove the large bar from the pan by lifting up the parchment paper. Slice into squares.
Note: I recommend storing these energy squares in the freezer to maintain a firm, sink-your-teeth-in-yummy texture.
Read more about Ashley on her blog, Blissful Basil or connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest.