Day 9 of Yummy Recipes
Cajun Stuffed Spaghetti SquashThis will certainly put a little kick with cajun into any special gathering.
Servings: Serves 4
- 2 small spaghetti squash
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon concentrated tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 container GO Veggie! Dairy Free Chive & Garlic Cream Cheese
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 cup chopped kale (about 2 leaves)
Instructions Heat the oven to 350ºF. Place the squash on a baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the tomato paste, cajun seasoning, and paprika; cook 1-2 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
Stir in the cream cheese. Once the cheese is melted, add the beans, red bell pepper, and jalapeno. Reduce heat to low and let reduce by ¼, about 20 minutes. Stir in the kale.
With a sharp chef’s knife, cut the squash in half crosswise. Discard the seeds.
Use the tines of a fork to separate the flesh of the squash into spaghetti-like strings, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. Remove the strings and stir into the sauce, then ladle the sauce into the center of each squash.
Cajun Stuffed Spaghetti Squash