Vegan CocoDate Cookies from Weelicious Lunches
- 1 large banana, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped Medjool dates (about 5 large)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a 1 tablespoon measure, form the mixture into balls and place them on a parchment- or Silpat-lined baking sheet. Press down on the balls with the palm of your hand to form cookies.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden and dry to the touch.
- Cool on a wire rack. They should be dry on the outside, but chewy on the inside.
- To freeze: After step 5, place the cookies on a baking sheet and freeze for 20 minutes. Remove, place in a ziplock bag and freeze up to 4 months.
Recipe from Weelicious Lunches: Think outside the lunch box with more than 160 happier meals by Catherine McCord. Printed with permission from William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.