Vegan Carrot Peanut Soup
This Carrot Peanut soup is super easy and very appetizing. The Asian flavors are a perfect start to any meal. Free of Dairy, egg, corn, soy, gluten.
Total Time30 min
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red or white onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup raw peanuts or peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water or veggie broth
- 1/4 tsp or more salt
- 1 tsp or more sriracha or hot sauce to taste
- 1 to 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Add a tsp of apple cider vinegar for a tangier flavor.
- Add a tsp of soy sauce
- Heat oil in a skillet, add onions, garlic and ginger. Cook until translucent. 5 minutes.
- Add peanuts and cook for 2 minutes or until lightly golden. (If using peanut butter or other nut butter, add with the tomatoes in the next step). Add carrots and cook for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, water, salt, sriracha, maple, sesame oil. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust spice, sweet and salt if needed. Reheat if needed.
- Garnish with peanuts, scallion, sriracha and serve hot